Monday, October 3, 2011

September Challenge.

The days are literally flying by.

When I was a little girl, my grandma used to tell me that during my teen years, the days would pass at 10 mphs, in my twenties, at 20 mphs, in my thirties, at 30 mphs, etc. I used to laugh it off, but now I feel like it is true... and scary. If this is what 20 mphs feels like, then I better fasten a second seatbelt for my thirties because that's going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride.

Funny isn't it? When I was a little child, I could not wait to grow up, but now that I have, I want time to slow down a bit. Well, with each additional responsibility thrown onto my plate, there are brief moments when I whole-heartedly desire to be a child again.  You know, when life revolved around cartoons, storybooks, crayons, and playing dress up.

So, what does this have to do with September's challenge?

Absolutely nothing! Ahem. Moving on.

September's challenge was to decorate a cake with orange piping using the Ateco/Wilton #81 tip. This time, flowers were allowed. There weren't as many sign ups and submissions in comparison to the other months, but the cakes that were submitted are absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm a tad ashamed to show my cake. : / But here we go!




You have probably noticed, but my cakes for these challenges are extremely simple. I do it intentionally so that anyone can attempt my designs regardless of skill level.

_____________________________________


Gorgeous design! Don't you think? : )

Name: Kristen Streepey
Location: Geneva, Illinois, United States
Websitehttp://www.sweetkms.blogspot.com/
Occupation: Attorney (part-time) and mom
_____________________________________


I love her colors!

NameLindy Dosher
Location: Poulsbo, Washington, United States
Websitehttp://www.facebook.com/Lindys-Bayside-Confections
OccupationMuseum Assistant Director and Curator
_____________________________________

The bright orange reminds me of Halloween! : )  
Name: Sarah Campbell
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, United States
Website: http://www.frostedkitchen.com 
Occupation
: Mommy 
_____________________________________

October's challenge will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment